Exit Program - Do Loop question

ken60
Power User
Power User

Re: Exit Program - Do Loop question

Post by ken60 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:19 am

No, the way it was written did not looping. The program finish and stop, operator load next part as same location then hit RUN and click "No" for manual alignment, program will finish and stop and so on.
The reason I don't use "batch Run" is part not always come in shape that I can set on table or have to clamps a specific way and as you guess I want "Is program up-to-date?" query in the program so operator make sure we are at current Rev. (but don't want to respond to that question on every part in a single batch)

CMM Guru

Post by CMM Guru » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:26 pm

Ah. Indeed. You would need a "static" variable to use as a flag in that case. You could read/write to a file or windows system variable I guess. I'd have to dig a bit to find the code, but it *is* doable.

ken60
Power User
Power User

Post by ken60 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:19 pm

You would need a "static" variable to use as a flag in that case. You could read/write to a file or windows system variable I guess
That is beyond my capable, I learned VB from other users and apply whenever I see fit. If you have different way to get the same approach I be more than happy to learn new trick. Thank you