Generating Excel Reports

Topics applicable to newer version(s) of CMM-Manager (3.0+)
46Rocketrod
Participant
Participant
Generating Excel Reports

Post by 46Rocketrod » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:20 am

Good morning all, I've been running a coord3 with CMM Manager 3.10 on windows 10 and have had no problems generating reports for the past 7 months. Yesterday, 10/20/2020, I started receiving this error message yesterday and haven't been able to remedy the problem. I've tried restarting the the machine, the computer, rerouting the file to different locations, and manually saving after the program has finished. I'm able to manually save an excel document but during a batch run it will not allow it. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Attachments
excel report error.PNG
excel report error.PNG (4.84KiB)Viewed 663 times

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Generating Excel Reports

Post by CrashN8 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:16 pm

I just tested this on version 3.10 with Windows 10 and latest version of Excel. Each subsequent Excel file wrote to disk with no issues. Can you show a screen shot of your Report Properties in Tech Mode? Is the file written to local PC or Network location? Any permission issues with the location you are trying to write file?

46Rocketrod
Participant
Participant

Post by 46Rocketrod » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:11 am

The file is written to a network location. I've switched around to both local PC and network locations and have gotten the same results. The have reason to doubt permission issues because this started mid day with no changes that I know of to our network. Something I might add is that this issue is effecting all of my programs and not just one.
Attachments
REPORT PROPERTIES.PNG
REPORT PROPERTIES.PNG (14.82KiB)Viewed 657 times

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:59 pm

Does restarting PC resolve this issue? If so, then look in Task Manager after it happens, maybe there are many instances of Excel running in background. This is almost certainly an Excel or PC / permissions issue.

46Rocketrod
Participant
Participant

Post by 46Rocketrod » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:47 pm

So I restarted everything and nothing seemed to change. What I did find is that my .cmp file will actually produce an excel report but the exact same program saved as a .prg will not on an older version of my most used program. If I use an old rev of the program it seems to work but it the current program with all of my updated revisions will not produce any report regardless of file type. I haven't changed any preferences regarding the reporting tab throughout the entire programming process. With that in mind I believe you are right with the pc/permission issue but I'm just not entirely sure on how to resolve that issue.

46Rocketrod
Participant
Participant

Post by 46Rocketrod » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:47 am

Shameful update. I figured out the problem and I feel like a sub par programmer. When filling out the customer data at the beginning of the program I always include the date. Last week sometime I switch to back slashes rather than dashes. For example I started using "10/28/2020 " from "10-28-2020". File explorer isn't accepting any files with "/" in the title. Again, I do apologize for this inconvenience.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:45 pm

No problem... Glad you've got this working.