Handbox consent button not activating

armymachinist
User
User
Handbox consent button not activating

Post by armymachinist » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:10 pm

Does anyone know if there is a setting that changes the amount of time, after a program is complete, that allows the handbox consent button to be used? On one of our machines with an LK controller and Nikon Solo handbox, it takes quite a long time after a program finishes, to allow me to press the consent button, and move the machine. Our other machine, a Nikon with an LK controller and the same handbox almost instantly allows the use of the handbox to move the machine.

armymachinist
User
User

Re: Handbox consent button not activating

Post by armymachinist » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:19 pm

Here are some pictures of what I am talking about. The Top LED being illuminated means that the hand box cannot be activated to move the machine. Once the top LED starts flashing, then the hand box can be activated and the machine can be moved manually.

I have done some more looking, but am still coming up empty. There is not apparent reason that one machine is faster than the other, when it comes to this.
Attachments
Jog Box 2.jpg
Jog Box 1.jpg

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:26 pm

Is it possible that CMM-Manager program is actually still running even after motion completes? i.e. maybe there are some large report files being generated or some other steps at the tail end of the program?

armymachinist
User
User

Post by armymachinist » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:44 pm

That is a good question. I am not sure how to test the theory though. I can say that it happens no matter the program. Some programs have dozens of DDE report items at the end, while others like a simple bore measure have maybe one report item at the end, with no DDE. It also happens following tip calibration, which could be running something in the background in order to update the tip file.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:07 pm

If the CMM-Manager program is done running then there is something else going on here... You can monitor Program Running Status by opening File Explorer and looking for a file named ProgramRunning.txt in the ProgramDate\QxSoft (or Nikon)\current version folder. While program is running the file exists and is deleted automatically after program execution is complete. If the jogbox is still not responsive after program is done running there may be a setting in LKCMMDRV.CFG file. Check with LK to see if they have any advice on this. I know there are some settings for timing / duration of joystick active, maybe there is similar setting for delay after program???

armymachinist
User
User

Post by armymachinist » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:39 pm

I will try that tomorrow. Thank you!