Tip Manager Qual indications for different users.

Cy Goughman
Regular User
Regular User
Tip Manager Qual indications for different users.

Post by Cy Goughman » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:59 pm

The other day, we had a new user sign onto the CMM PC with his own network ID. As soon as he started setting up to run a program, he got an error message saying the reference tip wasn't calibrated. As the last person using the CMM before this, I can say that the reference tip was qualified hours before I signed off. I don't have any indications the CMM was re-homed just before he signed on. Are there different Tip Manager lists for different Windows users? TIA
ASQ CMI, Temper NDT,
Acting Curmudgeon.

CMM Guru

Re: Tip Manager Qual indications for different users.

Post by CMM Guru » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:01 am

No. Everybody shares the same set of files. The only thing unique for users is the UI information which is stored in the registry. Each person would/could have their own layout.

Indeed, restarting, or re-homing would clear the Ref-Tip calibration. However, that is not typically an issue as you should only use the ref-tip for initial setup and locating the sphere. Even if you use the same physical probe you should replicate it as a new name (ie: TP20_3x20) and calibrate all of those positions. You should not use ref tip for inspection since you will indeed lose your calibration after a restart or re-homing.

I would guess that if you were to log back in, you would find RefTip not calibrated under your ID as well.