Feature List Filtering

DavidH
New User
New User
Feature List Filtering

Post by DavidH » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:26 am

A lot of the parts we run have repeated features, sometimes as many as 25. As my programs are getting longer, I spend more and more time browsing thru the feature list to find these similar features. I've tried utilizing the Find function, but going one instance at a time still feels slow.

Ideally, I would like to have a text box at the top of the feature window that I could type into and it would filter out all features that don't match.

Is there another way I should be going about this?

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Feature List Filtering

Post by CrashN8 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:51 am

Are you searching for features to be used for Constructions, Reporting, etc.? If so, try Right Clicking in the cell where you'd normally Drag to (from Feature database) You should see a filtered list of features that are appropriate for the given input of construction, report, etc.

DavidH
New User
New User

Post by DavidH » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:24 am

This method does work, but it still leaves me reporting features one at a time. If I use the feature window, I can ctrl + click to select each of the similar features and drag and drop them all at once. It just takes a while to select each of the features.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:45 pm

I see... I already have a high level spec for this Feature Database filter / collapsible tree / etc. we'll keep you posted on any changes.