Add Move/Get Tip window

US_Helpdesk

Re: Add Move/Get Tip window

Post by US_Helpdesk » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:21 am

This is a know issue, it is fixed in version 3.4. Thanks for all the input on this.

Just to clarify... The Add Move is working exactly as expected however the values displayed in the Operation dialog when creating the moves is Machine Ref Frame. You'll notice once the move(s) are added that the coords swap to current Ref Frame as expected. Either way, this can be a hassle if programming and keying-in moves... so we fixed it:)

Mark - JIRA MA-1543
I've migrated to a new user account, see my other posts here

Ralliartevo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Ralliartevo » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:45 am

ive noticed it on mine but i realized it (as you stated) that it eventually puts it into ref frame coords and never thought much about it. Freaked me out at first but i haven't had any issues with anything getting switched or mis teaching my moves so far.

eangel
User
User

Post by eangel » Fri May 02, 2014 2:09 pm

I noticed that too. We just recently got a new automated CMM and are going though the training, once I figured out the final position will be right after I accept the values I haven't paid much more attention but it did frustrate me for about a day trying to get the move command to go where I wanted it too. We are running 3.3.2.2014

TDL
Participant
Participant

Post by TDL » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:57 am

I have noticed this also , however when you reopen it is in part ref coordinates

US_Helpdesk

Post by US_Helpdesk » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:25 pm

This is a known issue and should only effect points that are added from Job Box... In the end, the point location is correct since it is converted to current Ref Frame before being added to program. You should see that typing / keyying in value will allow input in current Ref Frame as expected.
I've migrated to a new user account, see my other posts here