PROBE CONFIGURATION PROBLEM BETWEEN TWO MACHINES

Ralliartevo
Regular User
Regular User

Re: PROBE CONFIGURATION PROBLEM BETWEEN TWO MACHINES

Post by Ralliartevo » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:33 am

mhochkins1 wrote:After you get the two machines set the same, Save the probes and tip files and use the "Load Probe Assembly/Tip" options as indicated below:
Load_Probe.JPG

THanks Mark,

Obviously ill want to do this in the beginning of the program next time but, can this be done to the programs i have already written or will it mess them up?

mhochkins1
Nikon
Nikon

Post by mhochkins1 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:28 am

It's always a good idea to make a copy of your project to test it, but I think you should be able to do it with already written project files. You may receive that warning message I referred to previously about using a different assembly than the one which was used to generate the paths. As long as the probe assemblies are sufficiently assembled, it should not be a problem. Run it on slow the first time.
Best Regards,
Mark Hochkins

Proto-guy
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Proto-guy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:17 pm

Is this command used in conjunction with the Load Probe Assy. command or in place of it?

If I put this command into an existing program on machine 1, where it was written, then load this program onto machine 2, will it still retain the correct probe and tip file paths? Assuming of course, I place the files on a network drive that both machines have access to.

Proto-guy
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Proto-guy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:03 pm

Ok, I used this and it did make the correct probe file and tip available to the program. However, the "get probe assy." command was changed automatically anyway when I closed the program and opened another. The software kept the file paths that were specified in the "Load Probe Assembly/Tip" and applied them to the next program I opened which did not use the same files :o . Workable, but still not a good fix.

:idea: The software should not change the probe that it was programmed with to some other probe automatically!! If the index is to be used, then there should be coding in the software that confirms not only the index number, but also the probe assembly name and returns either an error, or preferably, a pull down list of available probes for substitution if both of these variables are not matched.

mhochkins1
Nikon
Nikon

Post by mhochkins1 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:07 pm

I suggest you call the helpdesk in Brighton (810 220-4360 If you have an "SSC") and ask for assistance over the internet with Go to Assist. I don't believe it should be as difficult as you are experiencing.
Best Regards,
Mark Hochkins

Proto-guy
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Proto-guy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:31 pm

It's not that it is difficult. I can get both machines to run programs from either one. It is just that I if I don't make sure the file and tip files are correct, which I may not realize they are incorrect for a program that was written long ago, then the software will automatically change the program and attempt to run with a probe with which it was not programmed.

At that point, assuming the machine is still functional, I have only two choices. Go through loading all the .cfg files that might contain the right data and attempt to run., or re-write the program with known files.

This hasn't happened yet and I hope it doesn't but the potential is there, and it could be extremely costly.

I probably don't have an "SSC" since I don't know what that is.

mhochkins1
Nikon
Nikon

Post by mhochkins1 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:37 pm

An SSC is a Service Support Contract.
Unfortunately I do not have a "good" answer for you.
When I was programming, if I had multiple machines and part numbers, I would document the probe assemblies and tip angles for future reference in case I had to run the parts again. I would keep all of the program setup information (including pictures) in a folder with the project.

I wish I had a better answer for you :(
Best Regards,
Mark Hochkins

ragin1
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by ragin1 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:32 am

It takes 30 seconds to ensure the proper proge config and tip are called for in each program. Open your program, go into teach mode, in line 002 of your program insert the probe config and tip you want. Delete the 2 get tip lines that are already there. Insert the get tip, get tip angle from the configuration you need. Save, then run. If you do not delete the old tip lines they will be what is called during your next run.

Proto-guy
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Proto-guy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:05 pm

I can get the proper config and tip files for the program (if I know what they are). That is not the problem. The problem is that once I load the correct ones for program "a" written on machine "1" and run it on machine "2" It retains the path to the probe.cfg that I just defined the next time I run machine "2".

I just tried this and same result. Software still reverts back to last used probe .cfg and tip. It auto changed (machine 2) to the index number from last used file path even though I deleted the previous "Get probe" assy. and reloaded "Get probe" after running the "Load probe assembly/tip" command and saving the file. I did not run the program because I don't currently have the parts to run them on.

The only sure fix I have found is to immediately open a new program on the target machine, after completing the surrogate run, and load the probe assy making sure to select the local .cfg file for this machine. Then close this new program and open any others on this same machine and all is well. Forget to do that step, and you may crash your machine the next time you pull up a program and don't realize that the software has auto changed your load probe command.