help with temperature sensors

Topics applicable to newer version(s) of CMM-Manager (3.0+)
mcasey
Frequent User
Frequent User

help with temperature sensors

Post by mcasey » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:19 pm

I just recently obtained a copy of the users manual for our CMM (Mitutoyo Bright-A707) and discovered that it has thermal compensation sensors that had previously been stashed underneath the CMM. I would like to test to verify if they are even working as whenever I try to turn on thermal compensation I get an error number '008 - Thermal Compensation' that states 'Can't set thermal compensation data'. So I wrote a VBscript to poll the sensors and report their status and the results all show "1" indicating that there might not be a reading but I'm not entirely confident that I am using the GetTemperatureReading command correctly. Below is the script that I wrote if someone could possibly sanity check me I would greatly appreciate it. Also, if there is anything on the hardware level that I might need to check that someone can think of I would appreciate that as well. Interface between the CMM and the computer is a COMUC-PCI card.

Code: Select all

Dim XTemp
Dim YTemp
Dim ZTemp
Dim Part_Temp

XTemp = GetTemperatureReading(dTemp,1)
YTemp = GetTemperatureReading(dTemp, 2)
ZTemp = GetTemperatureReading(dTemp, 3)
Part_Temp = GetTemperatureReading(dTemp, 4)
Next line in CMM-M is to report a user defined dimension with the actual variable set to 'X_Temp'.
The following lines repeat this process for the other variables.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: help with temperature sensors

Post by CrashN8 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:26 pm

Temperature Comp is not supported on Mitutoyo currently. I think we support thermal comp on Renishaw UCC and LK / Nikon at the moment. We have entertained adding support for Mitutoyo UC. If you are willing to work with us (remotely) and grant periodic access to machine, we can probably get this working. We'll need to do some research in advance.

Please IM or email me and I will look into it.