Important changes to Get Probe Assembly Operation for version 3.7 on I++ systems
Starting from CMM-Manager 3.7, Get Probe Assembly Operation(s) will use the probe name to retrieve the probe. The probe name will be saved to the project/program. Programs from previous versions of CMM-Manager will not have a probe name saved in the program. Instead those programs will just contain the probe index (0, 1... N etc.). Legacy programs can still be opened and executed on a non I++ machine, however programs need to be migrated to the latest version for them to Run on an I++ machine.
The I++ Migration command allows user to migrate legacy programs to the new version or file format. User can specify a list of legacy projects and programs that need to be migrated. You should also specify the original probe assembly file associated with the legacy projects/programs. If all the probe assemblies used by legacy projects and programs exist on a single probe assembly file, single batch run of the I++ Migration command is sufficient. If multiple Probe Assembly files are used for all programs, please repeat this migration procedure for Programs and respective Probe Assembly files.
We suggest creating backup of all pre-3.7 Projects / Programs before migration, this migration process is irreversible similar to Program Mirror(ing)
1. From the Ribbon Bar, select Program Tab>Program Management Group>Option Button>I++ Migration.
2. The I++ Migrate Project/Program Files dialog pops up.
3. Locate the probe assembly file by clicking on the Browse button - Important: Specify the original probe assembly file associated with the legacy program(s) being migrated
4. Locate the project/program files that you intend to migrate by clicking on the Browse button.
5. Start the migration operation by clicking on the Execute button.
1 post •Page 1 of 1